Holiday Cooking Guide: Lemon & Parsley Pollock
In recent years pollock has been touted by the Marine Conversation Society as a sustainable alternative to cod. Sainsbury’s tried a marketing ploy designed to give it some gallic flare through renaming it ‘colin’ – the french word for hake.
At Ladram our anglers know it as pollock and they are often in ready supply off our pebbled beach.
So, if you are fortunate enough to land a pollock and are thinking ‘what comes next?’ this tasty recipe should help you out.
Lemon & Parsley Pollock Recipe
|BBQ or grill||15 mins cooking time|
|Serves 4 people||Sustainable seafood|
Ingredients for the marinade
- 1 lemon
- Knob of butter
- Small handful of parsley
- 12 small vine tomatoes
- 2 pollock / 4 pollock fillets (1 per person)
- Boiled potatoes
- Place fillets in a bowl and add squeezed lemon and chop parsley – leave to marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Take 2 sheets of tin foil and turn up edges to avoid any juice spilling.
- Lay 2 fillets on each sheet, add the vine tomatoes and any left over juice and then place a small knob of butter on each fillet.
- Carefully wrap up tin foil to create a sealed parcel that can be placed onto the grill or barbecue.
- Place the 2 tin foil parcels onto a pre-heated grill or barbecue and leave to cook for 15 mins.
- Once cooked carefully remove parcels from grill and leave for several minutes to allow the foil to cool.
- Serve fish and vine tomatoes with boiled potatoes and green salad.